The National Council of Nigerian Muslim Youth presents the “Young Adult Summer Retreat (YASR).” YASR is a four-day getaway that promotes spiritual, social, and professional interactions amongst young Muslim professionals between the ages of 18 and 40. Different from the usual lecture-filled Islamic conferences, YASR creates a harmonious accord between formal learning and social interaction. Through a unique set of programming the Retreat seeks to rejuvenate the participants physically, educationally, socially and spiritually. Although YASR was primarily designed for Young Nigerian Professional Muslims, we welcome people of all nationalities to enjoy the non-cultural atmosphere at the retreat.
The Retreat is aimed at:
• Increasing our knowledge about Islam while networking with our peers
• Exploring unique elements of our Islamic faith
• Building a positive American Muslim identity
• Setting the foundation for interpersonal relationships
• Experiencing the best of learning while having fun!